1. always clean up spills on the granite countertop immediately. Many liquids such as wines, juices and sodas contain acidic substances that will etch through polish of countertop and stain the surface.
2. Always use sponge or soft cloth clean granite countertops and tiles. Special granite stone cleaner is highly recommended but warm water with dish soap will work for a quick cleaning up. Avoid using excessive soap as it will build up on granite countertop and dull it shininess.
3. Use coaters or table mates under all glasses and bottles when placing on the granite kitchen countertop. Although good sealing to certain extent prevents acids from etching through the granite countertop and tile, this in no means is bullet proof. So preventive caring for granite countertops and tiles is necessary.
4. Make sure to rinse cups, dishes and glasses before piling them up on the granite countertops.
5. Although granite itself is resistant to heat, it is still suggested to place hot pads between heated cookware and granite kitchen countertop as high heat may change the color of polished granite countertop surface.
6. Always use cutting board and avoid cutting objects direct on granite countertop. This will prevent scratching the countertop at the same tile protecting your knife's edge.